When: Thursdays 6.30pm – 9.00pm
Starting: 21 January 2016 – 21 April 2016.
Duration: 14 weeks (2 & 1/2hours per week)
Where: St Peter’s Anglican Church, corner of Hinau St & Collins Ave, Linden-Tawa.
Group size: 14 – 18 participants
Group facilitators: Mercy & Miriama
Ph/Text: 0277118644 to register or contact ATAMU 04 235 8683.
Who is the group for
- Pacific parents, grandparents or caregivers who have one or more children aged between 3 to10.
- Parents who would like to strengthen their parenting skills.
- It is recommended that each group member attend with one other person – the other parent, partner, friend or support person.
What will be covered?
- Improving your relationship with your child through play.
- Positive attention and listening.
- Increasing positive behaviour with praise and rewards.
- Limit setting and household rules.
- Techniques for handling misbehaviour, including the effective use of time out.
- Direct teaching/videotapes/DVD of parent-child interactions.
- Group discussion/problem solving/weekly homework activities.